No @$$hole! Last Week -:- Tuesday, July 01, 2008

You may have noticed that an @$$hole! comic didn't post on my site last week, and there's a good reason for that:

Wizard World Chicago. Now, while I was totally ready to have a comic or something to post on Friday while I was at this very awesome con (details and stories coming soon), life just seemed to get in the way. And life comes in two packages:

1) The job situation: I just got offered a promotion at Campbell-Ewald in Southfield, which is a little further down the highway from my current job. Taking this job was a difficult decision, and I've been stressing out about it ever since (you know me and stress / change). While this shouldn't be a huge time consumer, it has been weighing on my thoughts a lot and I've been second guessing myself ever since. Stay with what's familiar and comfortable, or try something new? Well, fortune favors the bold, so here I go.

2) The kitten: My buddy Danny just moved to Florida to live with his very cat-allergic parents, and I took his 11 week old kitten named Waffles. While I have some animal allergies (and I'm still trying to figure out how bad they are), I'm also trying to acclimate the cat to my apartment and my lifestyle (ie: I'm a neat freak). Now, while this also shouldn't be a big problem (as Friday's comic was going to be of her), she decided that my apartment had too much cushy furniture in it...and proceeded to pee on my couch while I was at work. I had to deal with getting the smell out and cleaning the mess, and then had to lock her in the bathroom while I was out. Thankfully, my friend Erin was able to cat-sit for me, making sure that she had food / water, and was able to get out every day to play.
Now, I'm a little nervous about letting her out again while I'm away (for obvious reasons), but I did so last night while I was sleeping and we didn't have a problem that I can tell. Therefore, I'm trying the trust thing again and have left her out while I'm at work. Here's hoping I come home to a urine-free furniture apartment.

In any case, there you go. I'm going to try to get an update ready for this week, Friday, but we shall see what happens. Guest strips and fan art would be appreciated.

So there's the life update, and the reason that @$$hole! didn't update on Friday. I appreciate everyone's patience and support during this trying time of change in my life, and I'm hoping that once I'm through it, everything will be better. Peace!







Comments:
Hey there! (it's BetaJess!)

My cat, Stimpy, used to have a problem w/ peeing on cloth things. Couch, laundry, suitcases, blankets (thankfully never the bed), towels... ANYTHING, yeah, he'd pee on it. Some cats just prefer to pee on cloth, but I think it's just that she's a kitten and doesn't know any better b/c of the new place. I think I might have some advice for you:

BUY FELIWAY! It's a pheromone that will deter the cat from being naughty. It's AMAZING and worth every penny, plus, it trains the cat over time so you shouldn't have to keep using it forever. You can get the plug in or the little spray bottle to just spray on things she might be inclined to pee on. I recommend the spray bottle b/c it lasts longer. Spray before you go to bed at night and spray before you go to work in the morning.

Laundry baskets are like litter boxes filled w/ very expensive litter, so use hampers and try to keep all your clothing and linnens behind closed doors.

Don't leave dirty clothes on the floor.

There's this product called Kids'n'Pets. You can get it at the grocery store or at Walmart (evil corp). It's the only thing I've found that not only gets the cat pee smell out of things (like couches), but also doesn't smell bad on it's own. Use it as a pre-treatment and just SATURATE whatever was peed on. The smell will be gone!

Hmm, I think that's it. If you need any advice w/ cats, I'm the girl to go to! It sounds like a lot of work, but it really isn't. She's not the only one who has to be trained... you've got to train yourself as well.

Have fun, and show more pictures of her! She's ADORABLE!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

December 2005 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010

Content Copyright Trevor A. Mueller