@$$hole! Laura's 21st Birthday p34-37 -:- Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Jessica: the fictional imbodiment of the "perfect girl" from high school. Honestly, she's not based on anyone in particular, but the experience here is based on some that I've had over the years. Running into your old alumni years after high school (even after college) and seeing how the "popular kids" turned out really tends to put your life in perspective. I mean, no longer under the eye of mommy and daddy, the girls from my high school have tended to spiral down the social ladder and into a rut of deprivation and depression. Like, hard-core manic depression.

A few have moved on to bigger and better things, though, and will become very successful in their lives. These were the people that, although popular, were still human beings - and didn't treat anyone else like they were pon scum. Jessica here, is not one of those people. To brag about being the best part-time sales associate in a mall store 5+ years after graduating from high school is not something to brag about, in my book (unless, maybe, you're studying to be a doctor and just want some extra cash - which is not the case here).

The next page will be a nice long vent, as this 40 page story arc begins to come to a close. After this is done (in May), I'll go back to the color updates on Fridays again. Remember those? :D

My Site and Drunk Duck

The tried and true "Pha-Q!" line gets 'em every time (if you don't get it, trying saying it out loud). Here's just a vent, one well deserved after the day at the mall that Trevor has had (a day which, for us, has lasted almost 3 months). Everyone needs a good vent from time to time, especially when they've had a bad day.

And then Susie comes in with the zinger that makes the whole comic funny. I was thinking about adding a line from Jessica saying, "How could I have been so blind?" but it really just took away from Susie's line about poop.

And in the end, poop is more funny.

I did an interview with spiritmonkey, who does a fun comic called Timmy and the Bleach. Check out the interview by clicking the link above and let me know what you think, and / or just check out his comic.

My Site and Drunk Duck

The story's starting to wrap up here, with Trevor feeling defeated and Susie starting to offer some helpful advice.

...wait a second, Susie offer helpful advice? Isn't that a sign of the apocalypse?!?

Well, at least she made off with a good amount of merchandise. Her day's been busy - while Trevor was out trying to do something noble and sweet for his girlfriend, she was trying to line her closet with stuff!

Mmmmmmmmmmm....useless stuff. :P

In other news, I was interviewed the other week over at Drunk Duck on my two comics, and they finally got around to posting it. Be sure to check it out by clicking here.

My Site and Drunk Duck

It's funny that this page was writen a few months ago, because upon getting back from the NYC Comic Con, Laura was like, "You don't spend enough time with me." Here I was, thinking that I was doing something great but spending all this time making her a web comic, and I was actually doing the opposite of what I intended to - I wasn't spending time with her.

Granted, the issue exists on both sides. While I was busy trying to get this comic out on a weekly basis (3x per week, actually), she was also working on school projects and studying for finals. However, that's the only real time we were spending together for the last 3 months. It's sad, I know, but I've spent the last several weeks not even working on comics....just spending time with my lady.

In the end, that's what really matters. Time to start taking my own advice, damn it!

My Site and Drunk Duck



Archives

December 2005 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010

Content Copyright Trevor A. Mueller