Temple Chapters 6.10-6.11 -:- Friday, April 25, 2008

Here's a sketch of one of the covers that I was thinking about using, if I were to ever print a book for this comic. I wanted an action feel to the cover, and I wanted to include all of the characters. I'm not sure yet if I'd go with this design yet or not (I mean, I'm not planning to print the book this year, so I have some time to figure something out yet).

Your thoughts?

###

You too can contribute to "Fan Art Fridays!" Fan Art will be displayed in the order that they are received, and each person who submits a piece of fan art will receive a mini-review like above. Please include a link to the comic you would like reviewed if you have multiple titles. Please send me fan art and links through a PM (or quack). :D

Fan Art Friday - Cover Sketch

How much longer can I drag out this inevitable showdown, right? ;P

Also, it appears that the sword of his late wife is the key that they have been looking for. All this time, she told the swordsman to keep it near him to extract his vengeance, but in truth it appears that he was also protecting that which she held most precious.

However, if the Cardinal knew that she had a key and went after her to get it, why didn't they end up with it? Was that really their intention that day? More foreshadowing, teasers, and a few explanations will be revealed in the prequel "Bushido," which will follow the next story arc.

Chapter 6.10

Alright, I'm in the process of finishing my catch-up on 5+ days of missed web comics (I read a lot of comics, damn it), AND unwinding from my 4+ day vacation / NYC Comic Con experience (I still have to unpack). The con was a blast, and I got to hang out with a boat-load of professionals, as well as several from Platinum Studios and several people from Drunk Duck itself.

Specifically, I got to hang out with Juno from Star Crossed Destiny and who also helps out on the web comic Zona, specifically with uploading the pages to Drunk Duck. I said hello to Taki Soma (Youll Never Die) and Mike Omeng (Mice Templar, Powers), who I had met previously at Wizard World Chicago. I got to share some Korean BBQ with DJ Coffman of Hero by Night, and take shots with Jorge Vega (who won the 2007 Comic Book Challenge) and talk about his book, Gunplay.

From the non-web comic world, I was 2 feet away from Stan Lee during a photo shoot by a giant Hulk statue, and I chatted with Cheeks (Hellboy Animated) for several hours. Billy Tan was right around the corner from my buddies at the Digital Pimp Booth, and I got to talk to him and his wife while their kid ran around the table. I sat in on a panel featuring the two guys from Penny Arcade and talk to them a little about the web comic industry and how the print industry is starting to make a bid for that market (ie: DC Comics has Zuda and Platinum Studios has Drunk Duck).

Mostly, I stuck around my friends at the DP booth, and got to have drinks with them just about every night. I walked around so much that my shins hurt (and I'm a pretty in-shape guy) and my feet blistered. I missed the town, though, as I hadn't been back since college. I love the metro system and culture of the city - it's a fun place to hang out, however expensive.

Here's we go, folks. Enjoy the rollercoaster as we quickly start nearing the end.

Chapter 6.11

After a long dry spell, we finally hit some of the sweet stuff. Today's piece of fan art is marvelously rendered by JustNoPoint from none other than The Devon Legacy Prologue.

This piece is awesome, as it captures the pain, loss, an savagery of the swordsman early on and throughout this story. Also, there's a ton of carnage and gore on this image, and I always like a healthy dose of carnage and gore! ;)

JustNoPoint has been establishing his coloring style for the last few weeks, and it has improved by leaps and bounds! The artwork has always been impressive, though, with a very imaginative and colorful world inhabited by intelligent and interesting characters. Not only that, but the comic is on it's 5th issue currently, and the guy keeps giving all of these hints about things to come - like bad-ass characters that may bear some resemblance to the swordsman. :P

JustNoPoint has proved time and time again that there's a solid story with incredible characters in the epic tale that is The Devon Legacy Prologue. You should totally go check it out by clicking that link above.

###

You too can contribute to "Fan Art Fridays!" Fan Art will be displayed in the order that they are received, and each person who submits a piece of fan art will receive a mini-review like above. Please include a link to the comic you would like reviewed if you have multiple titles. Please send me fan art and links through a PM (or quack). :D

Fan Art Friday - by JustNoPoint



Archives

December 2005 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010

Content Copyright Trevor A. Mueller