@$$hole! Laura's 21st Birthday p30-33 -:- Friday, April 25, 2008

Tee hee hee, Susie tries on some goth pants, and the goth girl hits on Trevor. We assume that she works here, but do we know it?

In any case, I'm in NYC right now spending money on over-priced stuff and hopefully meeting a bunch of professionals. Therefore, you probably won't get comments back from me until next week (sorry, little to no access to the internet since I'm packing light).

I used to go to NYC every year, when I was in college. I used to design the AWNY (Advertising Women of New York) promotional poster every year, and as such they would foot the bill for me to attend their conference. It was a great networking opportunity, even if I myself am not a woman. Also, the city is awesome. I never thought of myself as a "big city" kinna guy, but if I were to move to a big city, it would be NYC.

I'll try to link you guys to some pictures or video in my blog, soon.

My Site and Drunk Duck

Oh goodness, yet another 12 year old! This feels like the Skrulls Secret Invasion of the Marvel Universe (which I heard a never-ending amount of presentations on during the weekend).

The NYC con was AWESOME (and also, therefore, exhausting). I'll announce when I post pictures and / or video in my blog. I brought my flip video, and took some neat footage. I think for ACEN in May I might try to make some blog episodes - interview some people there, make like 5 3-5 minute little videos. Could be fun. Would you guys be interested to see something like that?

Anyway, I'm exhausted and going to sleep now...maybe work on some pages and then pass out...we'll see. :P

My Site and Drunk Duck

Alright, I'm in the process of finishing my catch-up on 5+ days of missed web comics (I read a lot of comics, damn it), AND unwinding from my 4+ day vacation / NYC Comic Con experience (I still have to unpack). The con was a blast, and I got to hang out with a boat-load of professionals, as well as several from Platinum Studios and several people from Drunk Duck itself.

Specifically, I got to hang out with Juno from Star Crossed Destiny and who also helps out on the web comic Zona, specifically with uploading the pages to Drunk Duck. I said hello to Taki Soma (Youll Never Die) and Mike Omeng (Mice Templar, Powers), who I had met previously at Wizard World Chicago. I got to share some Korean BBQ with DJ Coffman of Hero by Night, and take shots with Jorge Vega (who won the 2007 Comic Book Challenge) and talk about his book, Gunplay.

From the non-web comic world, I was 2 feet away from Stan Lee during a photo shoot by a giant Hulk statue, and I chatted with Cheeks (Hellboy Animated) for several hours. Billy Tan was right around the corner from my buddies at the Digital Pimp Booth, and I got to talk to him and his wife while their kid ran around the table. I sat in on a panel featuring the two guys from Penny Arcade and talk to them a little about the web comic industry and how the print industry is starting to make a bid for that market (ie: DC Comics has Zuda and Platinum Studios has Drunk Duck).

Mostly, I stuck around my friends at the DP booth, and got to have drinks with them just about every night. I walked around so much that my shins hurt (and I'm a pretty in-shape guy) and my feet blistered. I missed the town, though, as I hadn't been back since college. I love the metro system and culture of the city - it's a fun place to hang out, however expensive.

Enough sales people, time to get with the crazy punching! "Ka-POWEE!" That'll teach you to mess with me, chico.

I think it's safe to say that Trevor has officially lost it.... ;)

My Site and Drunk Duck

Victoria's Panties just seemed like a hilarious store name to me (and let's be honest, her Secret is her underwear). I'm always disturbed by a few things whenever I find myself in one of those stores:

1) The abscene amount of pink! It's frickin' everywhere!
2) The headless models. How distubring and morbid can you possibly get other than take the "ideal woman figure" and cut its head off. Or limbs off. Creepy.
3) The smell. The place just smells fake. Like processed whore trying to cover up the rotting smell of her soul, fake. It leaves a foul taste in the mouth....
4) The boxes of women's underwear. I don't even like to say the word "panties," (I just feel so dirty saying it) much less go into a store that specialized in the sale of them. It's just not a store for me, it sells nothing I can use (and no, I'm not interested in your sample of "men's cologne" for "straight men"), and it's therefore not a comfortable place for men to go. Even with their wives. We like to see the stuff on our ladies, but we don't necessarily have to go through the process of picking it out with them in the store. I don't ask Laura to accompany me when I go to Kohl's or Meijer's to pick up my boxers....

But maybe I'm mistaken here. Men: do you like shopping for your lady's underoos? Ladies: do you like your men (or any men) accompanying you when shopping for that sexy lingerie?

My Site and Drunk Duck

Also, I found out that they do make thongs for 10 year-olds, and I think that's gross....



Archives

December 2005 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010

Content Copyright Trevor A. Mueller