@$$hole # 19-20, Exile 3 #33, and General Updates -:- Friday, July 20, 2007

You may have noticed my uncharacteristic silence over the past week or so, and it's not because I haven't been doing things - quite the opposite, actually.  I've been tasked to do a HUGE project at work, and it's taking up a lot of time both at work and at home.  Despite my lack of announcements, however, pages have been going up and new content is available.


@$$hole 19 has Susie living out her lifestyile from the American flicks - and basically, I'm poking fun at Hollywood for ever having a ghost couch potato.  What a lame concept.  Someone had to have been high and sitting around their apartment, trying to come up with a "scarey" concept for The Ring 2 that had nothing to do with the source material, and just wrote down what they were doing:  sitting on their ass.  At the time, I'm sure it was terrifying to them - I'm also sure that they thought the police were going to knock down their door at any second.  Seriously, don't ever watch The Ring 2.  Ringu 2, however, is definately worth your time.


@$$hole 20 is setting up the cliffhanger before guest strip week.  It's also the first time using my new Micron pens (thanks for the info, Scott).  I've only previously inked Project: October, and I think I'm going to try to continue using these pens on this strip - they're a lot of fun to use, and the work looks better.  More finished.  Also, I tried to show more background in this page - showing off my apartment a bit more.  Nevermind the fact that where Susie's sitting in panel 3 is where my futon is located...no one will ever know that.  ;P


Exile 3: Serpentine relaunched on Monday with Page 33, illustrated by the very talented Trevor...wait, that's me.  I'm talented.  Updates will continue on Mondays until the story's finally finished, which I'm told will be sometime in November.  This is the most ambitious ending the Exile team has ever attempted, as all the pages are scripted and require the artists to adhere to them pretty strickly, lest they screw up the next person's page.  I've already started some of mine in advance, in anticipation of not having a lot of time between now and the conclusion of my work project (which will be sometime in August). 

If you'd like to be a part of the Exile comics, mosey on over to the forums and sign yourself up - it's free, it's fun, and Exile 4 promises to be a blast!  I'm also told that there's an Exile Comics MySpace in the works....

So I went over to Laura's last night, her parents being out of town and her offering to cook me dinner - and what a great time we had!  She made a magnificent feast of roasted chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, and cream corn.  Then we watched a horrible movie - Sublime.  Now I remember why I try to stay away from direct-to-video movies, especially horror movies.  We eventually ignored it, and went off to do other things.  The night was exactly what I needed after a week of stressing out over this project. 

The MySpace Comment War is still going on, I just haven't had any time to attack anyone recently - like Jon, and Pogues...and whoever else I need to get back at. 

Also, I saw Transformers on Tuesday.  I won't go into details here (wait for when I have time to write a full review), but I think I'm the only person I know who absolutely hated it.  It was worse than I thought it was going to be - but I think that's because I started buying into everyone's hype about how it wasn't as bad as they thought it was going to be.  Sure, the special effects were impressive, but the 7 year-old inspired story and the blatant attacks at the classic characters throughout the movie made be pissed off.  Also, there were too many characters - too much going on, and no one thing focused on.  The movie suffers from pacing issues throughout, character motivations that make no sense, and a plot that someone's kid wrote.  The fight scenes that everyone said were the redeeming quality of the flick were - I thought - on par in the "boring" department with The Matrix 2. 

Also, Devistator is what the Constructicons turn into when they all combine - not some tank Transformer. 

But enough about that for now.  I'm back to work on my project (and trying to get next week's @$$hole comic done on time).  Movie Night tonight, and a weekend of working my ass off on my "fun projects" (like comics).  However, there's also art fair this weekend.  20% off coupons at the Vault, and the fact that some of my friends from Necto will be selling original art out of the club require me to make an appearance downtown...and buy stuff. 

T



Archives

December 2005 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010

Content Copyright Trevor A. Mueller